Career Opportunity at Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE)
Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE) is our Global organisation, committed to providing innovative products and services to enable multi-national organisations to stay agile and competitive – wherever in the world they do business. We are on a journey to pioneer a world of total communications solutions, where fixed, mobile, voice and data will all become one mobility solution and are able to help our clients do ‘more with less’ by empowering employees to work more flexibly and efficiently.
VSS Business Development Specialist
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 – 7 years
- Job FieldSales / Marketing
Ref No – VOD000BKC
Vodafone Shared Services (VSS) is a key enabler to deliver Vodafone’s growth trajectory. Over the next 2 years VSS will deliver £1bn savings to Vodafone. Across VSS we will employee 18,000+ employees across 6 locations. To ensure we meet both the ambitious efficiency targets as well as the growth of the teams we have created a Commercial Development team. The team will be responsible for ensuring we continue to deliver for our current customers and extend penetration further as well as drive innovation and efficiencies, creating a commercial VSS centre that is recognised as best in class.
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for the supporting the business development team through overall coordination and delivery of the business development plans in alignment with the Vodafone local markets, functions and verticals.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Design and deliver business development reporting and insights to drive delivery of the business development plan – including maintenance of a heat map.
- Work closely with the VSS market intelligence team to understand the market trends and the partners’ needs to help structuring the accounts plans with the business development managers.
- Design and deliver marketing, communication and sales toolkits that can be used by the business development team to identify and win business – including pre-sales material and proposals. This is done in collaboration with the strategy & engagement and products and services teams.
- Collaborate with the Business Development managers and wider CD team to organise and run meetings to drive delivery of the business development roadmap.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team to support the VSS LT with specific reports, projects and initiatives related to the delivery of the Business Development roadmap,
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Strong commercial experience in a global technology / managed services environment
- Successful ability to drive change in a highly complex organisational environment; made complex by dispersed geographies, OPCO based organisational design; multiple stakeholders with competing priorities
- Ability to provide leadership, clarity, and purpose whilst dealing with complex issues with ambiguous outcomes
- Direct experience of having managed off shoring projects, leading teams through large scale change program
- 5-7 years+ “front line” experience of telecom enterprise operations preferably in commercial or service functions
- Strong communicator and influencer who is able to operate at a senior level
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Business development of 5 – 7 years working within multinational environment
- Programme / project management experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Vodafone Group Enterprise (VGE) career website on tas-vodafone.taleo.net to apply